Wednesday, February 11, 2009


“My Accidental Finding”
Yesterday night I was messing with my facebook (acting like I had something important to do just so I would not look like a loser in front of my roommate). I pretended to be focused on trying to find the right printed back-round to fit my personality. After awhile, I quit my charade and started looking up friends’ names that I haven’t talked to for awhile. I accidentally typed in “Sarah Nippers” instead of “Sarah Lippers”. I was about to exit out when I stumbled upon “Nippers, your solution to indigestion”. As I clicked on his page, I realized that this Nippers was exactly like the Nippers in “Bartleby, the Scrivener”!
The back-ground for his page showed stomachs and people who I thought were in pain. I laughed to myself wondering what a big dork he was, showing pictures of stomachs on his facebook page (kind of creepy). Then, I read a caption that he himself wrote. It says: “Welcome to my page, both young and old. You are not alone, for I have struggled with indigestion for the last decade of my life. I too was once a victim of the queasy and uncomfortable feelings of indigestion. At the age of 25 I was inclined to quit my job as a scrivener at the office for I could not live like this! A friend of mine, Ginger-Nut, introduced me to a traditional Chinese medicine. It was substances that were extracted from ginger! Since then, I have been healthy as an ox.” I then realized that his whole page was devoted to selling this ginger medicine. All his friends were of doctors, patients, and random people that sought for his aid. It was then that I noticed the song “Pocket full of Sunshine” by Natasha Bedingfield was playing in the background. His mood was set to “content”. As I was about to exit, I added him as a friend just in case I ever get caught in an indigestion problem.
I chose to write about Nippers and his indigestion problem because that was a big part in the book. I thought it would be nice to write how he tries to help other people overcome something that he himself once struggled with. Now that he is cured, he’s just full of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment